Hello Guys ! here is my next post on NodeJS
In this tutorial , i will show you guys an extremely useful module
called 'optimist'
optimist module helps to parse incoming flags and options by creating a command-line script
ordering of flags does not matter
You can use different kinds of arguments
1)short arguments
2)long arguments
3)boolean arguments
4)non-hypenated options
Here is my sample code :-
I have printed the values of short argument , long argument , boolean argument , and nonhypenated arguement
I got the following output
'optimist' module also provides different functions like
.usage and .demand --> they are used to let the user type the exact command in the command prompt otherwise print the usage of the command
here is sample code :-
usage function says that if the required option is not printed , the specified statement will be printed
I got the following output
.default --> it sets some default values to the options
here is sample code :-

and the output
hope this post helps you !!!
Thanks !!
In this tutorial , i will show you guys an extremely useful module
called 'optimist'
optimist module helps to parse incoming flags and options by creating a command-line script
ordering of flags does not matter
You can use different kinds of arguments
1)short arguments
2)long arguments
3)boolean arguments
4)non-hypenated options
Here is my sample code :-
I have printed the values of short argument , long argument , boolean argument , and nonhypenated arguement
I got the following output
'optimist' module also provides different functions like
.usage and .demand --> they are used to let the user type the exact command in the command prompt otherwise print the usage of the command
here is sample code :-
usage function says that if the required option is not printed , the specified statement will be printed
I got the following output
here is sample code :-

and the output
hope this post helps you !!!
Thanks !!




